take a look at our ultimate listing of fun things you can do around city.
1. Peek into Charlotte’s past during the Levine Museum of this brand brand New Southern, The Charlotte Museum of History (house to your county’s structure that is oldest-surviving Hezekiah Alexander Homesite). Admission is 50 % off every at the Levine Museum of the New South sunday.
2. Retrace Charlotte indigenous and Christian evangelist Billy Graham’s powerful journey from a new york dairy farm to stadiums throughout the world during the Billy Graham Library. Admission is free.
3. Read about the nation’s U.S. that is 11th president a trip of their birthplace, the President James K. Polk State Historic web web web Site in Pineville.
4. Explore circa 1800’s Charlotte at Historic Rosedale Plantation, offering directed trips and programming that is educational or retrace Revolutionary War origins at Historic Brattonsville.
5. Experience Gilded Age glam at turn-of-the-century remains for instance the Duke Mansion (of James Buchanan Duke popularity), The Dunhill resort or even The Morehead Inn.
6. Follow Uptown’s Charlotte Liberty Walk, a number of bronze plaques and monuments that detail the city’s vital importance through the United states Revolution, or the Trail of History on Little glucose Creek Greenway, which highlights the key people who’ve contributed to your area’s growth. Don’t skip the end for Captain James Jack. Legend has it, the Mecklenburg was carried by him Declaration of Independence to your 1775 Continental Congress. The town nevertheless celebrates every on May 20, aka Meck Dec Day year.
7. Tour Center City and neighboring historic districts your path: in a horse-drawn carriage with Charlotte Center City Carriage Tours , for a Segway or bicycle with Charlotte NC Tours , by lantern with Carolina History Haunts , during Funny Bus Comedy City Tour’s BYOB routine that is stand-up within a two-hour journey with C-Charlotte Tours or Queen City Rides.
8. Pan for silver at Reed Gold Mine, the positioning associated with the nation’s first gold discovery in 1799. Admission and trips are free; panning for silver is $3 (plus income tax).
9. Purchase popular plates through the kitchens of James Beard-nominated chefs, including Joe Kindred of Kindred Restaurant in Davidson, Paul Verica associated with the Stanley, or Bruce Moffett of Stagioni , Good Food on Montford and Barrington’s in Charlotte.
10. Taste the city by way of a flavorful food trip with FEAST Food Tours or Charlotte NC Tours.
11. Enjoy community vibes at 7th Street Public marketplace or Atherton Mill and marketplace, where premium sandwiches, artisan pizza, create beer, raw juice, fine wine, sweet confections and locally made gift-able things abound.
12. Feast on Southern classics at longstanding fried chicken joint Price’s Chicken Coop , flavor-packed down-home edges and sweets at Mert’s life blood , or savory meat-and-threes at The King’s Kitchen.
13. Decide to try North Carolina’s varied barbecue designs at organizations like Bar-B-Q King, Midwood Smokehouse, Sauceman’s or Mac’s Speed Shop .
14. Commemorate a special event at a beloved Charlotte treasure like Beef ‘N Bottle, McNinch House Restaurant or even The Fig Tree Restaurant www.hookupwebsites.org/victoria-milan-review.
15. Taste innovative cuisine from your kitchen of “Top Chef” contestant Jamie Lynch at 5Church, or purchase what Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” host Guy Fieri did at spots like JJ’s Red Hots , Cabo Fish Taco, The Improper Pig, Pinky’s Westside Grill and much more.
16. Go meatless during the populous town’s creative vegetarian eateries. Residing Kitchen provides foods that are raw places through the entire city, while Fern and Bean Vegan Cuisine are neighborhood loves.
17. Explore the world’s tastes in the city’s worldwide hot spots. Flavor African dishes at Enat Ethiopian Restaurant , Latin United states nosh at Machu Picchu Peruvian Cuisine Bar or Eastern specialties at Grand Asia marketplace.
18. Purchase fare with flare from 1 regarding the town’s host of beloved food vehicles like Papi Queso, The TIN Kitchen, brand New Wrap Purchase, Street Spice, Yummy Banh Mi or perhaps The Dumpling Lady.
19. Sharpen your culinary skills while learning from the neighborhood cook at Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen or Harper’s Restaurant Group’s Get Cookin’ classes at Upstream, Harper’s Restaurant or Mimosa Grill.
20. Dine aboard the Catawba Queen Mississippi riverboat or Lady regarding the Lake luxury yacht on Lake Norman on a supper cruise with Queen’s Landing Sightseeing Dinner Cruises.