take a look at our ultimate listing of fun things you can do around city.
1. Peek into Charlotte’s past during the Levine Museum of this brand brand New Southern, The Charlotte Museum of History (house to your county’s structure that is oldest-surviving Hezekiah Alexander Homesite). Admission is 50 % off every at the Levine Museum of the New South sunday.
2. Retrace Charlotte indigenous and Christian evangelist Billy Graham’s powerful journey from a new york dairy farm to stadiums throughout the world during the Billy Graham Library. Admission is free.
3. Read about the nation’s U.S. that is 11th president a trip of their birthplace, the President James K. Polk State Historic web web web Site in Pineville.
4. Explore circa 1800’s Charlotte at Historic Rosedale Plantation, offering directed trips and programming that is educational or retrace Revolutionary War origins at Historic Brattonsville.
5. Experience Gilded Age glam at turn-of-the-century remains for instance the Duke Mansion (of James Buchanan Duke popularity), The Dunhill resort or even The Morehead Inn.
6. Follow Uptown’s Charlotte Liberty Walk, a number of bronze plaques and monuments that detail the city’s vital importance through the United states Revolution, or the Trail of History on Little glucose Creek Greenway, which highlights the key people who’ve contributed to your area’s growth. Don’t skip the end for Captain James Jack. Legend has it, the Mecklenburg was carried by him Declaration of Independence to your 1775 Continental Congress. Continue reading “Whether you’re trying to find unique cooking or brewery experiences, museums, live music, shopping, recreations, outside adventure or family members enjoyable, Charlotte’s first got it taking place.”